Tuesday, 23 May 2017

Stunned

Image result for Nicky Hayden

I'd heard that Nicky Hayden had recently been involved in a bike accident (pedal bike, not motorbike and a car) but gave it little thought as I figured he'd have a few bruises and be back racing in the WSBK soon enough.  He just raced in Italy just a couple of weeks ago.

This morning I read he's died from multiple traumatic injuries.  Dead, just like that.  I am truly shocked.

Admittedly not my favourite racer, he was still a top class rider and to lose your life outside the racing circuits makes it all seem that much sadder.

He was the last American to win the MotoGP title, when he did Rossi on the final day way back in 2006.  He stopped The Doctor from making it six wins in a row, which made him quite unpopular with some Valentino fans.  I quite liked that, I have to admit.

Tributes at the BBC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.