Friday, 7 April 2017

Why So Lax?

We're all aware that buying/getting/drinking booze at airports is pretty easy, even if you appear underage. What I wasn't aware of though is that they are exempt from the Licensing Act 2003 (the 1968 Act too, apparently), meaning many of the normal alcohol restrictions do not apply. That looks to be about to change according to a new report from a parliamentary select committee.

I don't have a problem with this as I rarely imbibe before a flight.  Not because I don't like a beer (at any time, it has to be said) but because I begrudge paying airport prices for anything, particularly hyped up ales.

I won't miss it and it may even cause less piss heads to disrupt flights, which is the point of this plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.