Sunday, 30 April 2017

Give me Strength

I am old fashioned when it comes to the written English word and make no bones about it.  I shudder at "text speak" (LOL), contractions (Brexit) and acronyms (YOLO- you only live once).

I also abhor rude and ignorant travellers and tourists who seem to feel that as they are on holiday, they can do as they please (for they never behave like this at home- or do they?) and to hell with the locals.  "I am boosting their economy by spending my money in their country so I am entitled to let my hair down and go a little wild".

Except it never is a little, it's always a lot.

But I digress, the point of this post is the amalgamation of both these pet peeves of mine.  It's called a belfie.

Now I have heard of a selfie (even typing that makes me cringe) but I genuinely had to look up the latest monstrosity:

a 'bottom selfie' - a photographic self-portrait featuring the buttocks, usually posted by female celebrities on social media networks

And it seems this fad is now sweeping the nations from whence these vulgar people come from.  I could bang on and maybe one day will, but check out TInd where the Julia Buckley has saved me the bother.  Nicely written and I so agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.