Friday, 24 March 2017

Peering into a Black Hole

I finally finished, though not intentionally, Jo Nesbo's tenth Harry Hole book, "Police" last night.  I say intentionally as I wanted to read just a couple of chapters before crashing out but instead went all the way through to the end until stupid o'clock this morning.

I have no idea what I will do now as Nesbo's latest book is not finished and I can't even begin to think of what to read next that will get anywhere close to the gripping tension and stress this man's keyboard can create.

Utterly compelling, superbly written and translated and so many twists and turns it would have left Chubby Checker flat-footed.  I was left breathless at the number of times I was led down the garden path and then whisked away just as I arrived at the gate and I experienced emotions I thought I had long forgotten I could ever access from written text.

Hats off to the best Harry Hole book to date and now the big wait for the next one begins.  I just need to decide which author can best fill the void Nesbo has left me in.  Impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.