Sunday, 29 January 2017

Mad Men Put to Bed

And I have to say it has been a very disappointing final series with little or no scenes set in the advertising field, rather a kind of soap opera themed around excess boozing, a tobacco company's pride in product placement, ludicrous sexual conquests that would make Bond blush and dream sequences to embarrass even Dallas.

Don finally smiles in the most ridiculous of places, Pete gets the gal again, Roger gets the granny, Peggy falls in love on the phone, Joan becomes her own boss and everything in the finale left me thinking "why did I bother".

More than just disappointing, I am struggling to wonder why I even thought it was going to be anything less than irritating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.