Wednesday, 11 January 2017

Conned?

I have been meaning to get a fully loaded gaming console for quite a while but have as yet not found the right one.  In the meantime though I thought I would pick up a copy disc to try out on the laptop which is fairly high spec and should readily handle a basic, say, driving game.

There are plenty of places in MBK that will offer you hundreds of games from their listings and once you have picked one, they ask you to come back in around 15 - 20 minutes to collect your choice.  (They keep all their games on a master hard drive and only copy them to a DVD once a sale has been made, charging THB 100/disc).

I lobbed up my THB 100 for the single disc game Need for Speed and got around to trying it out yesterday.  It was entirely blank.

Not sure if my laptop is unable to read Asian copies (I very much doubt that) or if it was a simple oversight or that they just mugged me off with a blank DVD.  Either way, I won't be going back to that stall and will check out other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.