Saturday, 7 January 2017

All Good Here

It seems Jamie Oliver is also feeling the effects of the UK's decision to abandon the EU as he sets about the closure of  six of his Italian restaurants.  Apparently the market was "tough" and uncertainties caused by the announcement to jump off the European bandwagon had intensified the pressures.  As have rising costs of Italian ingredients following a significant fall in the value of the pound against the euro.

I am fairly sure one buy UK grown tomatoes and salads and homemade flour to make pasta which must be just as good as the foreign stuff, but I digress.

Anyway, he can't be completely on the down and out as he has just opened up a new food joint in Bangkok.  I won't be going as I refuse to pay over the odds for foods just because it carries a "famous" label but I am sure it will be successful here with Thailand's rich elite.

Metro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.