Friday, 23 December 2016

Bollocks

Newcastle United midfielder Jonjo Shelvey will not contest a five-game ban given after he was found guilty of using racially abusive language.  He said:

"I strongly maintain that I did not use the offensive language that has been alleged.  I am very disappointed and frustrated with the outcome of the hearing.  Despite my strong disappointment, we think an appeal is very unlikely to change the panel's decision on the case, so I have decided not to take that option."
BBC

My photo

There many things one can accuse another person of that are ugly, damaging and insulting if they are true.  If they are not, one fights to the bitter end to prove one is not racist/sexist/lying/cheating/etc (delete as appropriate).  To meekly give in as it is pointless or won't make a difference to the final outcome indicates the accusation is not so false.

Add to that it was a team mate of the person Shelvey was abusing and I truly wonder just how innocent he truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.