Firefighters in Devon and Somerset have been banned from demonstrating how to extinguish chip pan fires to schoolchildren in case they try to put one out at home. Instead, they have been given a leaflet.
A fire service safety coordinator said: “They are very dangerous fires and we don't want children to be tackling them.”
So instead of showing them how to do so properly with trained experts, they just leave the kids with a safety comic instead, where they could possibly do even more damage?
Aye, that makes sense...